The Reader
-Is an English Language major undergraduate who likes to Take It Easy.
Adores
Words and languages, Jane Austen, period dramas/films, Vitagen, Korean dramas, good songs, better books, Green, wanderlusting, Culture, writing, Experimenting
Things I'd Like
- A Nitendo Wii gaming console
- My own set of rollerblades
- More nail polish (bought just one, neon pink in colour)
- Concert DVDs! (Back to Basics: Live & Down Under by Christina Aguilera, The Black Parade Is Dead by My Chemical Romance , Mika: Live In Cartoon Motion, Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles )
- A cat
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
The Black Market
It's atrocious. I thought I could get second-hand tickets or complimentary tickets through online sites(Yahoo auctions, ebay). And i thought I could get it cheaper. Well, turns out premium tickets are way way WAY overpriced(retail price is $350, and black marketeers are selling at $500).
The concert? Christina Aguilera. She'll be in Singapore on Saturday, 30 June, and no way am I going to pay $100 for a seat at the back. Despite there being a bigger-than-normal stage and thus, a good view even for those seating behind, I am quite sure I will not enjoy the concert. Cuz I've been both right up front in the mosh pits(The Black Eyed Peas, Ashlee Simpson, Avril Lavigne, Stacie Orrico) before and in the back seats before (Good Charlotte, Westlife) and the experience is way waaay different.
Tickets are way overpriced. To me I think. I'm just a student, I'm not working, and I don't get much pocket money from my parents. You know what I'm saying? Right now, I don't think I have even $100 stashed somewhere.
Maybe popular performers should take a leaf from Clay Aiken's book. In his autobiography(that book rocks! Go read it), he says he consciously don't charge his concert tickets sky-high, because he wants the whole family to come enjoy his shows.
Hmm, maybe's cuz I've been getting free tickets for all these concerts that I have taken it for granted. Or maybe cuz I've just been to too many concerts and not being too impressed. or that I'm just tired. Too much of a good thing=a bad thing?
I don't know. I guess a private intimate showcase is the best.
Ah well, someone lend me a Christina Aguilera concert DVD already!
8:51 PM