The Reader
-Is an English Language major undergraduate who likes to Take It Easy.
Adores
Words and languages, Jane Austen, period dramas/films, Vitagen, Korean dramas, good songs, better books, Green, wanderlusting, Culture, writing, Experimenting
Things I'd Like
- A Nitendo Wii gaming console
- My own set of rollerblades
- More nail polish (bought just one, neon pink in colour)
- Concert DVDs! (Back to Basics: Live & Down Under by Christina Aguilera, The Black Parade Is Dead by My Chemical Romance , Mika: Live In Cartoon Motion, Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles )
- A cat
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Yesterday we stumbled upon this Martial Arts cafe in Chinatown. It was really cozy and and the design of the place was so novel. There were all these weapons on display, and cool tables which my dad says people in the past used to seat on and crowd around. Like, go watch the Ip man movie and you'll know what I mean. There was also this big table 2 tables away from us where a big bunch of PRC ppl were, and they were talking and laughing really loudly. I really felt like I was in China. haha. Anyway, the experience was kinda funny, because the waitresses dressed in gongfu attire spoke to you in clipped curt tones and when you left, they would shout out idioms to you (while stopping the whole cafe to a standstill), and clench one fist to an open palm in a sign of respect and for bidding a farewell salutation.




There was a fake (I examined it and found it way too light) double-stick weapon (called Shuang Jie Kun in chinese) behind me, which reminded me of what I learnt in my martial arts training camp last year:


3:15 PM