The Reader
-Is an English Language major undergraduate who likes to Take It Easy.
Adores
Words and languages, Jane Austen, period dramas/films, Vitagen, Korean dramas, good songs, better books, Green, wanderlusting, Culture, writing, Experimenting
Things I'd Like
- A Nitendo Wii gaming console
- My own set of rollerblades
- More nail polish (bought just one, neon pink in colour)
- Concert DVDs! (Back to Basics: Live & Down Under by Christina Aguilera, The Black Parade Is Dead by My Chemical Romance , Mika: Live In Cartoon Motion, Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles )
- A cat
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I've got a secret
You know, I'm currently reading this book called
The Secret which gives you all that jazz about how if you ask, believe, visualize, then act out and give thanks to and for all the things you want, the 'universe' will bestow it on you.
It makes out the universe to be this this amazing living entity.
I still don't know what to make of the book's whole thought milieu, but it makes me understand more about the current philosophies which Mraz has been 'preaching' lately, if you follow his blog and interviews he gives, you'll know what i mean.
Which led me to want to check out this 'foil' to The Secret, this other book called There is More to the Secret by author Ed Gungor who gives a christian perspective on it.
I can't wait to borrow it from the library as I've roughly finished skimming through The Secret in one day. haha.
This Ed person, also happens to write a blog on Amazon (where i was searching for the title of his book) and his entry on Earth (which is part of the universe yes?) and environmentalism made me smile big:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK1B4TM0ORY1ELUYes, I'm a Christian tree-hugger too. Like you should know, green makes me (really) happy. And I do have a tendency to hug trees with my friends using the Superpoke application on Facebook.
This whole period has made me leave off with yet another quote I heard on the radio the other day, "The happiest people are not the ones who have the best of everything, but the ones who make the most of anything." Hmmm.
Which one would you rather choose to be?
And my pic with the man is finally out. argh. my cousin says he looks cool in my pic, 'slouching stylishly' to quote her. that's one way of looking at it i guess...sigh.

I still think he's a quiet dork, to put it mildly :P
9:30 PM