The Reader
-Is an English Language major undergraduate who likes to Take It Easy.
Adores
Words and languages, Jane Austen, period dramas/films, Vitagen, Korean dramas, good songs, better books, Green, wanderlusting, Culture, writing, Experimenting
Things I'd Like
- A Nitendo Wii gaming console
- My own set of rollerblades
- More nail polish (bought just one, neon pink in colour)
- Concert DVDs! (Back to Basics: Live & Down Under by Christina Aguilera, The Black Parade Is Dead by My Chemical Romance , Mika: Live In Cartoon Motion, Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles )
- A cat
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Weekend thoughts...
It's funny how some girls like to gossip way freaking Lot. and talk loads of crap. When they don't even know the person at all. I learnt recently in my Forensic Science class that female inmates in Singapore are punished by isolating them in their cell for a few days. Funny huh? Are we that desperate for conversation? Even superficial ones? Yesterday in the papers, there was a reseach on happiness. One of the factors for happiness is friends. It didn't say what kind of friends. Just that, friends. I guess people like attention, and the need to feel accepted. That's what keeps society going. Humans would just die slowly if they kept everything bottled and pent up inside. That's why there's God, and other outlets and mediums of expression, like art and music, poetry and literature. But when conversing with a human, you get an immediate reaction. and we cling on to that...support and concern....I'm rambling aren't I? :) Just trying to put things into persepective.
Anyway anyway, while we're on words, I realise I love songs which are like conversations. Like Vanessa Hudgens' "Come Back to Me" song or Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful". Darn it! Bad karaoke when I try to audition those songs. really bad karaoke. It's a long story which I wouldn't wanna delve so much into :P
And I did ok for my first broadcasting news on my campus radio on Thursday! Yay, got compliments from the president, who was hosting the show with me:) Check out the clip after I read the news, here: http://www.mediamax.com/trendyuen
Hope it can load...
have a great week ahead! I gotta go practise my German and do my English tutorial homework.
9:17 PM