The Reader
-Is an English Language major undergraduate who likes to Take It Easy.
Adores
Words and languages, Jane Austen, period dramas/films, Vitagen, Korean dramas, good songs, better books, Green, wanderlusting, Culture, writing, Experimenting
Things I'd Like
- A Nitendo Wii gaming console
- My own set of rollerblades
- More nail polish (bought just one, neon pink in colour)
- Concert DVDs! (Back to Basics: Live & Down Under by Christina Aguilera, The Black Parade Is Dead by My Chemical Romance , Mika: Live In Cartoon Motion, Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles )
- A cat
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
F.I.R. madness


So...I just got off watching FIR (taiwanese band) on Channel U at around 11.45pm. Yes, they only performed one song. And oh my, Ah Qing was there! And I thought it was really weird to finally see him with the other 2 members. Because the last and only three times I went to see FIR, Ah Qing weren't there.
Anyway, this time round for their Singapore promotional concert tour, FIR is like, a 'one-song act'. From their TV appearances to their autograph session, they only sang one song everytime. I shouldn't have bothered to go see them this time.
On Saturday evening, my friend and I made, or should I say, TRIED darn hard to make our way to the bloody Mediacorp broadcasting centre to catch the taping of the Sheng Siong show where FIR was making an apperance. We got off Braddell station and then spent
one hour walking to Mediacorp. We later found out on our way home that there was a busstop a little outside Mediacorp where buses passed by my friend's house at Sunset Way in 15 minutes! like, -_-.
On Sunday, FIR was one hour late for their autograph session. I had predicted they would only be latest, 1/2 hr late. They only sang one song, and auctioned off some concert tickets(for charity) after that. I felt really let down, adding the fact that it was a really hot+humid day on Sunday, and the venue was outdoors.
Anyway, I just wanna add that the Singapore FIR fanclub members are crazy/dedicated. I saw them at every FIR apparance, and they turn up really early everytime. I saw them on TV just now too. I mean, sometimes I don't understand fan behaviour like that- imagine the number of hours they spend waiting around and then only getting a glimpse of their star for what, 5 minutes. And not personally getting thanked. Just imagine the number of man hours wasted= 1 person x total no. of hours spent traveling to+for the venue, turning up early to get good spots/catch the star turning up at the studio, waiting for the whole event to end
After this whole ordeal, I feel that I'd rather save myself from all the hassle and dissatisfaction by paying for a concert ticket on 08.08.08 but I'm putting aside money for Singfest instead :(
Anyway, enjoy the pictures I took:

QOTD: “Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.” --Angela Monet
Labels: FIR
12:31 AM